Danang City, advantageously located in central Vietnam, is the third largest city in the country. Because of its cityscape amid beautiful beaches, Danang City activities for tourists are plentiful. And while Danang City tourism has boosted over the years (yes, there is an international airport in Danang), it remains one of Vietnam's best-kept secret vacation spots. So what are the best things to do in Danang City, you might ask? Fret not, as the list below will help you.
1) Soak in the culture. Another of the best things to do in Danang City, Vietnam is soaking in the culture, as its rich history is very well-preserved. If you fancy literally seeing the city's culture, your best option is to visit the Cham Museum. This repository houses the biggest collection of Champa Dynasty artifacts in the world. There are about 300 sculptures made of sandstone and terracotta, so you will definitely not run out of things to see. If you want a more religion-inclined activity, or maybe you just want to look at the grand architecture of the past, a visit to the Cao Dai Temple is in order. With world peace and harmony as the foundation of belief, the Cao Dai Temple has honored Buddha, Jesus Christ, Confucius, and Mohammad. The temple is primarily Oriental in design, with Neo-gothic and Baroque influences.
2) Climb the mountains. Undoubtedly one of the most popular attractions in Danang City, the Marble Mountains is a cluster of five hills made from marble and limestone. Each of the hills is named after one of the 5 elements - metal, wood, fire, earth, and water - hence the Vietnamese name Ngu Hanh Son or Five Elements Mountains. The Marble Mountains can be scaled for a more adventurous experience. Another mountain you can climb, but with more style, is the Ba Na Mountain Resort. Going up Ba Na, one of the most spectacular attractions in Danang City located about 1,500 m above sea level, is sure to give you a relaxing high. You may opt to drive through a grueling 15-km zigzag road or ride the stylish cable car.
3) Hit the beaches! Of course, you have to visit the beaches because Danang is known for its picturesque shores. With 150 km of coastline, there really is no excuse for you not to don your favorite swimwear, rub on sunblock, and soak up the sun while relaxing in a beautiful hammock with book or a drink in hand. There are many resorts in Danang City, where you can live out your dream beach vacation. You just need to choose depending on your budget for the trip.
4) Take any of the many adventure tours. There are a lot of tours you can embark on while in Danang City. A lot of travel organizers have started offering tours for the more exploratory ones: jeepney tours, motorbike tours, and even bike tours. Jeepney tours, one of the most popular, will give you an amazing view of the mountains and villages while in an open jeepney - similar to a tour of the safari. Motorbike tours are the same, except that you ride a motorbike. Bike tours, or cycling tours, on the other hand, are more intense, since you have to pedal your way through the villages, around rivers, and over bridges.
5) Shop till you drop! As you would do in any trip to an exotic foreign land, you have to shop for souvenirs and anything else that can remind you of your trip. One market you have to visit is the Han Market, located near the Han river. It was opened during the 1940s and